Wednesday 30 March 2022

Fun New Little Project

I've made a couple of notepad covers.

Fun! Quite fast!


I watched a 'Quilting Platter' recently - a set of 15 minute mini classes with a whole variety of textile artists.

This was my favourite mini project.  A notebook cover for a 3" x 5" notebook that is made from a 10" square of fabric and some wadding.

It is designed by Lisa Shepard Stewart of Cultured Expressions.

You start off by folding your 10" square into an envelope shape and using it as a template to cut your wadding.

Then it's time to quilt the item - I had fun with this!

Then the 'flap' is folded up and two lines of stitching, about 1/4" off the centre point, are sewn to make a spine (or a space for a pen - I've ordered some short pens for this purpose!).

Then, short seams up the sides in order to provide some support to the pad when you add it in - and to make a little pocket that could keep business cards or receipts in.
I thought about it, and then added an elastic to keep the notebook closed.

A line of zig zag on the back of the notebook to hold it in place.
I liked it so much that I made another, trying to use the selvedge that says 'little darling', but knowing that it would be upside down!
Still, another little gift for someone made.  I will dig out my 10" squares and see what I'll make next.

 

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I like it!!! Do you just quit the heck out of the raw edges? And can I see under the note book to see what you mean about holding that in?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.