Wednesday 9 March 2022

Improv Mini

I recently took an online workshop with Brenda Gael Smith.

Called the X-factor workshop, she taught us four different cross designs in an improv style.

Great fun!

Of course, she taught us using 10" squares - I hope to have a quilt top put together to show you soon - but I love mini quilts, so decided to downsize a bit.

This was made using 10 x 2.5" squares from my scrap basket (yes, I had one block left over).  It finishes at just over 4" square, and looks great on my shelf!
 

2 comments:

  1. I really like how this turned out and especially the big stitch quilting you used--it reminds me of a "rainy day" so neat. Lovely work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. four different methods? that's great, and a lovely little "sampler" to show what you've learned (And I'm loving the kantha style quilting stitches!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.