Wednesday 6 April 2022

Scrap Cutting and Fab Hab

My scrap drawers were starting to groan with the number of scraps that I'd been adding to them.

You know how it is, sometimes when you finish a project you just want to get on with the next one, instead of sorting out the scraps properly!

It's time to sort them out!

I'm cutting to my usual 'recipe'.  10" squares from the  scraps that are large enough for them, then 5" squares, 3.5" squares, 2.5" strips, 1.5" squares, 1.25" strips.  Anything else that appears (for example 2" strips, for some reason!) is put into a colour coded bag of scraps.  

It all packs into the drawers a little better, but reminds me that I need to start planning some more scrap projects!

And my 'fab hab'?  This darling little mini cupboard (it said on the box that it was a tea box) that DD1 gave me for mothers day.  Perfect for storing / displaying my coloured threads - the neutrals will stay in the cupboard!

Not the vintage haberdashery display counters and drawers that I lust after on the auction sites, but a mini nod to them!
 

1 comment:

  1. Well done G, great mothering Sunday gift, and well done plum for tackling the dreaded scrap drawer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.