Wednesday 3 January 2024

Taking a Line for a Walk

I recently took an online workshop with Bethane Nemesh - inspirational!  She had a lovely manner, and a very clear way of demonstrating her ideas both on a whiteboard and with stitch.  Amazing!  Makes me think that I should spend more time planning quilting and practicing it!

This was what I produced shortly afterwards, demonstrating different freehand feathers and fills - fairly quick to quilt, with all sorts of possibilities rolling around my mind as a result of it.

This was just a demo piece for myself on plain fabric, so I could see what I was doing.

Of course, it seemed a waste to leave it like that, so I turned it into a zippy pouch.

This is one side.


This is the other.
And here you can see the zip and the lining (which I added after the quilting was complete.

A nice result from a fun workshop.  I recommend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.