Wednesday 31 January 2024

Sewing and Crafting

A fun 'crafternoon' with Benta and Vicky led to me sewing these card toppers.  

I had fun assembling pieces of felt with a selection of scraps, adding stitches to hold them together, and then finishing them with simple flowers.

Have you seen flowers like this?  Mine were made with fabric circles that were about 2" diameter, then cut in half.  Then it was a simple matter of deciding how many petals to use in each flower (mostly I used six, but not always), and sewing a small running stitch across the straight edge of each petal, joining them onto the one length of thread.  Then tie a knot, fluff out the petals, and you have finished a flower!


 I'm still using up random cards from my papercrafting stash, so these were the ones that I made.  Even though they didn't photograph well, the two on the right are silver.

They didn't make much of a dent in my scraps, but were fun to make!

1 comment:

  1. It was a lovely afternoon thank you - just realised I didn't take a pic of the needle case I made at yours, inspired by your card toppers - it got lots of compliments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.