Wednesday 7 February 2024

Not the whole bird....

I'm taking part in the Quilters Guild 'Imagine a Bird' - and they ask that full images aren't shared ahead of a particular post that they are going to make, so here are just some snippets.

First of all, above, is the background that I've made for my piece.  A technique that I've seen other leading quilters use, layering up different neutrals, that I enjoyed creating.

Then you can see little glimpses of my work in progress - the bird that I am going to applique onto this background.

This was my first guess at a bird breast - but the colour wasn't working!


I was much happier with my second choice!
And the eye!  I thought that it was going to work, but it really didn't!

I've reversed the colours, and it's looking better than it was.

A fun project that I'm enjoying at the moment, although I'm having some adventures with threading needles, perhaps part of the reason why I haven't been doing as much hand sewing over the last couple of years.  More on that another time.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I like the background, is that raw edge applique? great effect! Looking forward to seeing the completed bird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.