Wednesday 5 May 2021

From Scraps to Products!

You know what it's like.  You put scraps to one side until you have time to deal with them, then end up with the drawers not closing before you know it!

It was time to address them again!

It leaves me feeling quite smug once they are coming into order by being cut to standard sizes, ready to use when I next fancy a scrappy project.

I cut into 10" squares, 5" squares, 3.5" squares, 1.5" squares and 2.5" strips.  Anything that doesn't match those (or where a cut would seem too wasteful) gets put into a colour themed bag.

This time I added another couple of measurements to cut to, and cut some pieces to make into re-usable tissue holders.
By cutting at 5.5" x 7.5" (inner and opening 'flash') and 5.5" x 6.5" (outer), then pairing and sewing them together, I ended up with this sort of thing.  A quick press, the two end seams sewn, and then the cover is ready to be turned through and filled.
Before I knew it I'd made 40!

What a delightful tumble of them!

And here they are in their serried ranks (missing one to a family member already!).  I daresay that they will raise a few pounds for a charity.


Fun to make something a little different.
 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.