Wednesday 12 May 2021

Another Quilt Finished!

I completed this 'square in a square' quilt that I started a couple of weeks ago.

Blocks were joined into strips, strips were joined into a quilt top, a backing was made, wadding cut to size, basting happened.....it take a lot to get from some patchwork blocks into something that is layered and ready to quilt, doesn't it?

Then it was quilted with a loose stipple, bound in the last of the bright pink zig zag, and finished!

You can see here the paisley that I chose for the backing, and plain pale pink that I used in an inserted strip to bring it up to the right size.

It's bright and fun, and I hope that someone enjoys it!  

I suspect that it might find a place in my quilt heap for the moment (it's quite chilly when you are trying to enjoy a cuppa with friends outside this month) although ultimately it will be given away.
 

Finished it was 54" square - perfect for a lap quilt!

2 comments:

  1. We’ve seen a few friends outdoors and it’s been great to be able to offer quilts to keep people warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I had to double check the burgundy and grey. I was expecting something strong and this is softly understated.

    slotmandiri888

    slotmandiri888

    slotmandiri888

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.