Wednesday 28 April 2021

Another small piece in progress

I'm flip flopping between projects at the moment.

I'm making another cushion cover, this time with some paper piecing.

It's a pattern by Jo Avery called the Avery Garland.

You can see her lovely work here.

Of course, in her quilt she repeats the make 9 times, but I'm only creating it once to make my cushion cover.

I've chosen to make mine in some of my favourite batiks

The paper piecing complete, it's time to add the applique.

Here are the parts ready to add

And here is the first stem.  A bit more work to do before it's ready to be quilted, but now I feel that I'm well on the road with it.  Time to check whether I have a spare cushion pad that is the right size!
 

2 comments:

  1. looks lovely Plum. excellent colour choices as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Plum version of a very Jo design! Brilliant results!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.