Wednesday 19 May 2021

Completed Avery Garland Cushion

Remember that I was working on this?  Work continued, and here is the completed cushion cover.

I finished the hand applique, backed, basted and quilted it, then finished it with an envelope backing.

I followed the lines on the background fabric to cross hatch the middle of the garland.  I quite like the look, but not enough to continue it on the outside of the ring, where there would have been an awful lot of stopping and starting!

The back of the cushion cover was made with my scant remains of the background fabric, with some almost matching blue in the middle.  

Show in it's un-ironed state here, I was quite pleased the overall use of fabric, given what I had left of the diamond pattern one.

 And here it is, in it's full glory.  A 25" square cushion!
 

Fun to make, and I daresay it will be used in the garden over the summer.

Jo Avery made an easy to follow project that was fun to do.

On to my next project now - I've decided to make some simple star blocks with some of my scraps.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Plum. I agree, quilting the diamonds outside the ring would have been an act of supreme devotion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully made and fab quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.