Tuesday 6 April 2021

Quilt finish!

A month ago I made a quilt top.  This week I finally completed it as a quilt!

The Starburst pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Company was quick and fun to make.  I made it in just two colours, but it would be easy to make a scrappy version (or a curated version!) too.

Pictures taken in afternoon sunshine, after a day which started with snow flurries.  Difficult to predict what weather you will get in April!

I quilted the interior 36 blocks with a loose meander, and the outer ring of blocks with a simple feather.  It's so long since I'd tried any sort of feather that I thought that I could do with the practice!
Not shown here, but it was a pieced back - just three fabric strips - the one shown here and a polka dot with a similar blue.

Finishing at about 50" square it's a good lap quilt size, and will probably go to Project Linus.

Now to decide on my next project!
 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.