Wednesday 26 June 2024

Its Been Gifted!

In a process that started over a year ago, I let my DD2 choose a short list of quilt designs that she liked - and then relinquish the rest of the process to me, to make her Uni quilt.

After looking at the options, I chose this pattern, called Hearts Crossed, by Darcy Fox of the Dandelion Quilt Studio.

It allowed me to use lots of different fabrics, all the warm colours that I thought my daughter would enjoy.

I even found some fun print fabric for the backing - with foxes and woodland creatures on it.

Although I made the quilt top last summer when she was away, I hadn't had a chance to complete it until she was away for a few days last month.

Pleased that I managed to do it.

Then I had to decide when to actually gift it  - that was nearly harder than making it, as I'd started to wonder if I'd got the right colour family for her!

I'm pleased to say that when I passed it over, she was delighted with it!

The rest of the backing was made up with this improv strip - that used up lots of the scraps that I generated in making the front of the quilt.  Always a nice idea, and it gives a quieter side if the front is too much!
When I quilted it I added leaves and a few flowers to the meander quilting that I was using.
You can see the front and the back together here.  I love them!
Of course I added a label.  Now it's all ready for her to take to Uni in September, after her year off.
This is one of the blocks - you can see the hearts quite easily here.  On some blocks they point in, in alternate blocks they point out.  Nice variety.

I love this pattern, and can see me making it again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.