Wednesday 21 February 2024

What Else Would I be Doing?

Surely everyone deals with their Christmas scraps in February?!?  No? Just me?

There were lots and lots of scraps from DD1's fabric bag business - and it was time to deal with them all, in her effort to be as close to zero waste as possible.

So, I drew up a stocking template on paper, and mounted it on some scrap cardboard.
Roughly cut the shape out of some scrap fleece, and then added the fabric scraps / strips using the 'quilt as you go' method to the front.
Then it was time to trim it and flip it over to admire it!
Repeat that seven times, add fabric for the back and lining, sew them together (pouch construction over the years helped me be able to do this fairly competently, I'm pleased to say!), along with a hanging loop, top stitch the edge - and this is the result.

I'm really pleased with these seven stockings, that FabWraps will be able to sell next Christmas.

On to deal with the rest of the Christmas scraps now!


 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.