Wednesday 20 April 2022

Homework!

I came away from my quilting group meeting (I'm a member of Richmond and Kew Quilters - if you are local come on down and join us!) with several bits of 'homework'!

First there was this fabric postcard to finish - it felt like cheating, as I actually did nothing but machine stitching on it.

Then, the lovely Benta had stitched all the committee members and hangers on (like me!) fancy felt 'starter' patches.  I wanted to make mine a little sturdier, so mounted it on a couple of extra layers and added a brooch back to make it easier to wear at meetings.  It will help make me more visible to other members so that they can approach me if they have a question or suggestion.
Lastly, another Benta initiative, was to make some covered corner blocks with teal squares that Benta provided to us.

Next month we will gather the squares in and turn them into a quilt top ready for donation.

So, all my 'homework' is done for the month, and I'm ready for our May meeting!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh well done you! Gold star ⭐⭐⭐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute postcard! Nice badges too! Great idea to add the pin!
    Wish I lived close enough to come and join the quilt group, but I’ll have to watch from afar! 😁🙋‍♀️👍
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.