Wednesday 5 January 2022

Welcome 2022!

I should really have blogged about this earlier.

The very lovely Benta (who blogs HERE) made and gave me this lovely kit for Christmas - and permission to open it early!

It made the most charming little julenisse.
Who, once made, was put to work under our tree, guarding all the fabric wrapped presents!  He is now relaxing with his friends on our hearth and is looking forward to being 'off duty' completely from the 6th Jan when we will put away our decorations - ready for next year!
When I wasn't being involved in Christmas and New Year and all that went with it, I was working away at these star blocks with the blue 'echo'.  

 Just another three to make until I can complete the second quilt top.

Of course, if I had actually ordered the wadding I wanted, rather than just thinking about it, I might be further along with double project.  As it is, I'm sure that I have plenty of time to finish the stars and join them, and make two backings large enough for them, before the wadding arrives which will allow me to sandwich them!

A good start to the New Year, though, with a little stitching every day.

1 comment:

  1. Your julenisse looks great - each one seems to have a different personality!! I'm loving the echo stars- the background is very calming,! Happy new year to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.