Wednesday 6 October 2021

More Orphan Blocks

 Tidying out a wardrobe, I came across the fleece that had been my design wall for a while.  I think that I took it down one time when I had guests in the spare room (which is also my sewing room) and it had never made it back onto the rail it hung from.

Still faithfully stuck to it was this motley collection of blocks.  Some were experimental disappearing blocks, a couple were left over from a quilt that I'd made, and the others I can't remember about!


I decided this time to make them all into 12,5" squares - the size of the largest block.  Some were sewn together, some were bordered with strips from my scrap bags (I pulled out the purples and greens - but a few blue fabrics jumped in too!).

Things got messy for a while!


Eventually they became this set of 12 blocks - you can see them here laid out with the short sashing lengths sewn on, ready for the final sashing and border strips.

Always good to make something useful out of these play blocks - and somehow even better when they had just been found!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.