Wednesday 20 October 2021

Improv Workshop with Brenda Gael Smith

 


A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be able to take part in an an online workshop with Brenda Gael Smith organised by Sue of Region 1 Quilters Guild.

It was great fun! If you have any interest in sewing improv circles then I recommend it.  Brenda was entertaining, knowledgeable and well prepared fro the workshop, and she made making these circles (well, some more squircles!) great fun!

These class samples were the outcome of the three hour workshop.  They were made with 10" squares as a start point.

Of course, I didn't leave it there.....


.....after all, if you can make them big, perhaps you can make them small?

I started with 2.5" squares for this little mini, which has finished at just over 5" square.

I should have either made a narrow binding, or perhaps used the facing technique that Brenda gave us notes on.  Never mind!  Lessons to learn for another time.

I haven't decided how to complete the larger piece.  I might do 'drunkards path' style improv blocks to create a border and see where I go from there.

A work in progress!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.