Wednesday 29 September 2021

Small Work and Gifts

I felt that it was time to make something quite small again.
Out came the printed paper foundations,

A selection of nice bright Fat Quarters and some cutting followed.

Some short length stitching happened.
Lined up, sewn up, and ready to remove the papers.
Then backed, quilted, bound.  

The whole thing could be a little more accurate, but it's nice and cheerful, and I liked the use of different threads (different colour and weight) in alternate stitched lines.

You can see it a little better on the back.

You can also see how I was trying to stitch in the ditch for the major block edges, and how wobbly that made the lines!  Never mind, I don't spend time looking at the back!

My other small sewing was this bag for Benta's birthday.  Love the colours, love the fact that I built it all from stash (including magnetic closure and interfacing).  Wasn't so sure about the balance of the bag which felt a little 'off'.

For my birthday (we share the day!) Benta had made me a bag too - but look at it!  Isn't it wonderful?!?  Beautifully sewn, with a zip around the half circle that makes the top of the bag.  I'm in awe of her and her superior skills!  She also made me an insulated cup holder, and a cloth covered rope necklace.  I'm a lucky girl!
 

1 comment:

  1. I am in aww of your miniature skills!!! I love the bag - at the moment it has my crochet but I think it will be a perfect bible bag so I may need something else for the crochet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.