Wednesday 23 June 2021

Mini Makes

The scrap use continues!

This time a range of mini pieces - including one that I'd stitched on - were put together in a mini piece, which I then extended with some glorious batik to make into a book cover.
Matching flaps to hold the notebook in place.
This is the whole cover.

Lots of fun to make, and already gifted to a good friend.
More 'pre-cut' scraps.

Turns out that I had more bunting triangles tucked away in my scraps drawer than I had realised.

So, it was time to get the twill tape out and get making.
Fast and fun.

It didn't take long to make two strings of bunting.  One is 12' long, one is 18' long.

Aren't the fabrics pretty?  I have no idea why I didn't make the bunting at the time that I cut them out.  Funny how some projects just get side-shifted by accident, isn't it?
Here is one string, neatly folded.

So satisfying.

And only slightly reminiscent of Picasso's 'Bulls Head' (you know, the one with the bicycle saddle and handlebars).

My progress through the scrap drawers continues!
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely book cover--great to use up those leftovers, right? I find it's a never-ending process ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bunting! And great scrappy notebook cover xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.