Tuesday 15 June 2021

Dresden Delight

In my scraps were some cut, but unsewn, Dresden plate blades.  I put them together and appliqued them to a backing fabric.  Then surrounded them with strips made from the remaining blades.  Then squared them up with some dotty fabric.

Then I put the whole medallion on point in some cherry blossom fabric.

It's all very sweet and quite retro feeling.
I backed it with a vintage style floral, with a strip of that blue dotty fabric and a smaller piece of cherry blossom.

Bound with more of the blue polka dots.

I quilted it with 'petals' on the Dresden (you can just about see it here) and a large stipple on the rest of it.
Doesn't it look perfect for a summer throw?

Only about 50" square, but cute as anything!
You can get an idea of the prints and scale of them here.

No worry about who to gift this one to.  I asked DD2 to hold it for me so I could take a photograph of it.  She carried on holding it, and it's disappeared into her room.  In fairness, she did ask if that was OK!

More fabric bits removed from my scrap drawers!
 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely throw--I really like the flowered fabrics a lot...
    nice finish hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn’t it lovely when the children like something that we enjoyed making! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.