Tuesday 8 June 2021

Back to Full Size


I've started on the 2021 excursion into my scrap drawers.  It seems to be an annual event!  I really don't know how I seem to amass so many - or why I've so far failed to get them down to zero!

Actually, I might know the answer to that.  I always like to have a few scraps around to use for applique and patches (and micro minis, it turns out!).  So getting to completely empty scrap drawers might not be a real concern for me, just having them with enough space that I can fit in what I have left over at the end of a project!

I don't think that I'll ever get over the pleasure from turning scraps into blocks like these, and then these blocks into a quilt!

I had to piece the back too, and these prints worked well.
Utility quilting, and then, just like that, the quilt was bound and ready for snuggling under!

Off to choose the next scraps to add sewing alchemy to!

1 comment:

  1. A reduction in scraps is good but we must never actually run out of fabric, that would be a disaster!!! Love the stars!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.