Wednesday 24 February 2021

I went small again!

Last weeks 'mini' (20" square) clearly wasn't small enough for me.

This little star is 5" square.  I enjoyed it, but wondered about making something a bit smaller.

So I made this.  It's just 1.75" square.

Of course, both of these are only single blocks, not really and truly full quilts, although they do meet the 'three layers, sewn together' rule.

I was pleased with my accuracy on this one.

I wondered if the tiny New York Beauty would make a good key fob.  My neighbour is wondering about getting a new, grey, front door - so I've made him this just in case he goes for it!

Another fun make, although this one wasn't quite as neatly stitched as the bright version.

I'm planning a 'normal' size quilt for my next make.  These are fun, but not really helping to move me through my fabric stash!
 

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Plum, super accurate sewing needed on those! Were they paper pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh- these are stunning! I’m sitting here wondering if I could get Lizzie the embroidery machine to do something similar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.