Wednesday 10 February 2021

I've been wanting to make a quilt of triangles for ages now.

Then 'Grandma's Surprise' kept appearing in my Pintrest suggestions.  It seems to have a couple of other names too, but it is one of the Kaleidoscope quilts that you can make.

So I thought about it, decided that I couldn't do a full sizes quilt (over papers - it just sounded like too much!), decided that I could make a small quilt, and pulled some fabrics.

Then I cut strips and subcut them into triangles, printed some blocks, cut them into the appropriate shapes and stacked them all up.

Then I started sewing, similar blocks got sewn at the same time.
Gradually building up, step by step, half a block by half a block.
Before long I'd reached this stage!  I'm very pleased with it so far!

Next I will sew the blocks together, remove the papers, and decide how to quilt it!

It's going to be about 20" square.

Very cheerful and it is making me smile.


Hope that you have found something fun to work on too!
 

3 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.