Wednesday 3 February 2021

At Last!

A quilty finish!  At last - it seems like a long time since I've completed something!

This is the Layer Cake Crumble Quilt (free pattern from the FatQuarterShop.com).

I know that I measured it for the binding, but I can't remember exactly what the size of mine was - something like 36" x 42" I think.  Just right for a baby quilt.

I chose a simple pattern for the backing, and the same fabric for the binding.  Then a loose stipple to quilt it.
Bright and cheerful, a fun quilt to make and complete.

 What else have I been making?  More Mrs Claus figures of course!  I think that I might stop now that I've made these.  I'm all out of white wool felt, so it might be time to move on to something else - although as I'm typing this, I'm wondering about a coloured trim instead, of course!  Black could look quite smart, couldn't it?!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your lovely finish!! Those Mrs. Claus dollies are just beautiful--great work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black would be smashing, too! I can't get over how adorable your Mrs. Claus's are. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt blocks and I love the ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.