Wednesday 7 October 2020

Hardly Begun and Almost Finished

Two very different projects this week!

This is the start of a small hand stitched peice, with patterns based on a printed fabric that I liked.

I can't remember where I got this piece of silk from.  It's clearly the leavings of a dressmaker, but I'm not sure where I got it from, perhaps my late MiL.

It will grow slowly, just a few stitches each day.


 The other project is only similar in that it is stitched through wadding!  This is the back of it, showing the dense machine quilting - still to be finished, as it is a landscape that is only quilted as far as the horizon currently and it also needs some more thread sketching for additional details too.  I think that the biggest challenge will be blocking it at the finish to try and persuade it to lie flat!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to have a variety of project so you can choose which one you fancy working on! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.