Wednesday 28 October 2020

By Gum!

Third hanging mainly finished!

I'm pleased with this - I confess to using a couple of gum tree images from the internet to help me get the essential form of a gum tree, then I just free styled the leafy areas.

Of course, whilst I was reviewing the hangings, I remembered that I'd thought that it would be nice to tie them together still further by adding fabric gum  leaves to them all.

I think that I've found a fabric that will work with all three hangings, so I've been making a set of gum leaves.  Paler fabric on the back - partly because in nature leaves are rarely the same colour front and back and partly because I only had one small scrap of the front fabric!  Just enough to make these but no more.

This weeks task will be to decide where and how to attach them, and to finally get to three completely finished hangings!

2 comments:

  1. Oh really nice work on this Gum Tree--and I like the idea of added leaves...looking forward to seeing how this turns out...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric for this gum tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.