Tuesday 7 July 2020

Progress this week

 I''ve carried on with my A3 challenge piece this week.

First pinning various patches of different tones and textures to the front.
 Then stitching them down.  Wish that I'd used a cream coloured thread instead of white, but I'm not planning to re-do it.
 Then, with the reverse side up, and my tracing of my design upside down, I worked on stitching the lines on.
 I used grey thread for the buildings in the background, black for the wall, fence and bridge and everything else in the foreground.

I have since added a blue line for the water line at the edge of the river, but it may yet become black.....  and that's as far as I've got.  I need to add weed, water, ivy, colour on the graffiti, and some willow leaves to hang in front of it, so plenty still to work on!
I've also made some more of these.

Teen size....

....and adult size, and plenty of wash bags for them too, as we find out how best to use them when out and about.

I still don't quite know where my sewing time disappears to sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.