I last blogged about this on the 23rd June - and somewhere between then and now I actually got around to completing it!
Here it is, quilted and bound.
I really enjoyed this quilting - somewhere between a clamshell and a baptist fan. I tried to get a variety of sizes going in a variety of directions, and only got 'boxed in' once, which I thought wasn't too bad! I was trying to keep it fairly loose so that this baby quilt wasn't too stiff.
Some Riley Blake zig zag on the back worked well with the bright colours on the front, but not so well that I wanted to use it for the binding, although I did consider it.
I used a gentler pale blue with creamy stars on, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. Probably a donation quilt, it will join the pile in the cupboard for the moment.