Wednesday 3 June 2020

Another Glorious Scrap Quilt Finish!

 Do you ever have one of those projects that just ticks along in the background?

This turned out to be one of those!

Nearly a month ago I showed you these little 9 patch squares.

Then I added triangles to bring the size up a little.

Then trimmed.
 Then had to plan out a layout - taking into account the three different grey fabrics that I'd used for the setting triangles (I'm working from stash, using up smaller pieces!).
 Then pair them up with the sashing that I wanted to use, ready to sew
 Time to check that the lines had stayed where I expected them to stay, before adding the longer sashing strips to complete the quilt top.
 So that happened over the course of the month.

Last week I patched up enough wadding (a total of 27 pieces!) to make something large enough to complete the quilt sandwich.

Once it was basted, it didn't take long to quilt it with a wavy line.  Not too dense, I still want it to be cosy.
 I didn't strive too hard to keep them parallel.  Just close enough to have a relationship to each other.
 Here it is, complete.

We already have a family game of 'choose your favourite' - lots of fabrics that we recognise from other projects!

Finishing at 40" x 60" This one is likely to be a keeper.  It's destined for the back of my sofa for the moment.  I'm enjoying it (and enjoying the fact that I managed to get all the sashing fabric facing the same way - I don't usually choose directional fabrics for a reason!).
 Alongside that excitement there were also a few more of these.
 This time with draw string laundry bags for people on a day trip or (later in the year!) an overnight trip.
And button up pouches to keep the clean masks all in one place.

I haven't made one of these simple 'clutch' bags for ages.  Good to find that they are still as simple to make as I remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.