Wednesday 27 May 2020

Scraps, Glorious Scraps!

 I am not the only person in the house generating scraps!

My DD1's business, FabWraps, also generates scraps, which she wants to turn into a Project Linus quilt.

I've been helping her work with them this week.
 I wish that we hadn't left it most of a year until deciding to tackle them!
 I'm teaching Georgie to foundation piece with a short stitch over paper.
 When the square is covered....
 ....we flip it over and trim the edges to line up with the paper.
Then flip it right way up to admire it properly!

You will spot this one in the photo at the top of the post.

It's a relaxing way to sew blocks.  No templates or measuring required, just lining up a few bits of fabric.

Hope that we make good progress over half term!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.