Wednesday 13 May 2020

It's all about the....

 .....mini homes?!?  No, not really - although I'm on day 37/100 on the #100dayproject - and I'm very happy with how the neighbourhood is shaping up!  I'm still having fun using different techniques and colours to make these little jewels.  Some more complex than others!
But the rest of my sewing?  I've bowed to the invitable and made masks.

My version is a triple layer (quilting fabric outer, breathable  non woven polypropylene middle, and a soft cotton jersey by the skin.




There is a pipe cleaner sewn into a channel at the top so it can fit closely around the nose.

Different fabrics for different family members.



I 've tried to make it as easy as possible to put on and off.  It has a long length of elastic and a cord toggle to make wearing and adjusting them straighforward.
 They are made in two sizes - teens and adults.
I shall make them for my (extended) family, and then stop.  Already I've had to order more elastic and more cord toggles.  Thank goodness for all the people who are still working in the companies that provide these items!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.