Wednesday 1 April 2020

Small Victories

 My scraps are finally all sorted (for the moment!)

It's hard to believe that they all fitted into the three plastic drawers, even harder to believe that they all fitted back again!
 But here's the proof!

Neatly sorted.  Either by size, or, with the irregular strips and rectangles, by colour (in the zip lock bags in the middle drawer.

It's left me with decisions about how to use them, of course.  But a decision for another day!

A second small victory?  This floral wreath is complete - a cross stitch piece that I've been working on for an online course (showing that I can use variagated thread - there are only six different threads used here.  Sometimes with thread lengths used 'top to tail' to give variation within a stitch, sometimes just trying to use the darker and lighter colours to pick out different parts of flower heads.

Reminds me of something that my grandma might have liked!

A third victory?  Not so small, this one.  My BF had her lumpectomy (a victory in itself in these uncertain times) and the cancer hasn't spread into the lymph node!  Hurrah!  Thank heavens for screening programs...... and what a shame that they are temporarily closed in many places at the moment, for obvious reasons.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous floral wreath finish...I love the vintage feel to it..
    Good job on the sorting--I HAVE to do that today--need to find my light blue scraps anyway and wind some bobbins..so today will be the day...~ ~ ~ ~waving from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, way to go, actually getting some organizing done!! I've tasked myself with getting all the "stuff" OFF the pool table and put away properly by the end of Friday. The pile over the entire surface was a good 2 feet high before I started! That's a sweet little wreath. Very, very happy to hear the good news of your friend - Thank goodness for clean lymph node!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.