Wednesday 8 April 2020

Lots of Small Projects

This was my completed quilt for the week - roughly 20" square and based on this pattern by Kjersti Smith (thank you Kjerski and Creative Quilting for making it free  to download for April).

Displayed in our window to say 'thanks' to everyone who is still working, whether at home or out on the front line, in service, care and health industries and every other industry too!  We will need all of you who are preventing the economy to completely grinding to a halt, as well as those who are more commonly recognised.  Thank you everyone who is doing their bit to keep the wheels on!
 Here is the start of my scrap busting.
This carpenters wheel has used all my neutral or near neutral charm squares, and most of my blue and purple ones.  At 32" square it needs more to be a useful size, but I will look through my  scraps and 'small yardage' bits to see what falls into place.

I'm so pleased to make this, though, as it has been on my list for years to make!
 Then it was time to make cards.  I may not be able to see family and friends this Easter, but I can share the love by sending a card.
During March there were a number of birthdays that I made cards for too.  I need to get making the ones for April now (and ask my DH to buy some more postage stamps!).

Stay safe, stay well, and stay in!

1 comment:

  1. I seem to be making a lot of small projects for RSC this year.
    I couldn't decide on one big block to "rainbow" it...
    nice finishes -- your Carpenter's wheel is lovely
    ~ ~ ~ waving in the rain Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.