Wednesday 15 April 2020

Mixed sewing

 Another rainbow window hanging - as we wanted to have one to show thanks to the key workers using the train station that we overlook.

Thanks to Patch and Dot for the base pattern which you can find here.
 And using the same fabrics, I started my #100dayproject - this year I'm planning to make 100 tiny homes, reflecting on how many of us are currently staying at home - and how grateful I am to have a home that I enjoy being in.

It's been fun so far.  These little fun houses are set on a grid of 2.5" square to make sure that I don't let them get too large!  I plan to keep using a variety of techniques to make them.
 Finally, I've started making a batch of 'scrubs bags' for the London Ambulance service.  Many thanks to my BF who - many years ago - gave me lots of bed linen.  Fabric that hasn't been made into quilt backs is now being pressed into service.
The pillow cases in particular were an easy conversion into drawstring bags - and I'm lucky to have had a roll of cotton tape on hand for the drawstring part of them.

The ones in the pile on the right are cut from a duvet cover, and I made my own 'strings' from the cover too.  More time consuming, but I don't have enough tape to use in all the bags that I plan to make.

Interesting times, as they say, but at least I can still sew.

1 comment:

  1. I love that rainbow--thanks for the linky--we all need a rainbow in our lives right now for sure...~ ~ ~ Waving from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.