Wednesday 15 November 2023

More Bobbin blocks

The next four blocks!

Photo, pearl, travel and bronze.

My thoughts?  That I'd like to include a family picture - this one is from our summer holiday.  I didn't have any fabric to print on to hand, so I printed it on paper, then used PVA glue to paste it to backing fabric.  Once it was dry I sewed it onto the pink block.

Pearl uses pearly buttons - I was thinking a bit like a traditional pearly king or queen, although I suspect that they have shank buttons that look more like pearls.

Travel uses a fragment of fabric that has various landmarks from around the world on it.  I used it to make a set of bags, pouches and accessories for my younger daughter when she was setting off on her first 'proper' holiday with her friends earlier this year.  

Bronze, I liked the idea of a sun bather, someone bronzing their body, but also tried to get a vibe of those art deco bronzes of young ladies that were so popular in their day.

On to the last three blocks now!
 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.