Wednesday 14 June 2023

Frame Quilt Progress

Each month at my quilting group we are being given a new instruction each month, until we have a finished frame quilt.


This month we were encouraged to add squares to a border.

I chose to use 'seminole' patchworking.  This is how I did it.

First I cut some strip sets across the width of my fabric - these were 1.5" wide and sewing them together.

Then I cut them into sections.

Can we gloss over the fact that I didn't really think, and cut them into 2.5" sections instead of 1.5" sections?!?

I then had to go back and cut them down.  And now I'm wondering what to do with my 1" sections that I have left!

Then I sewed them together offset.  I thought that seven would be the right number for my centre square, but I was wrong - I had to do some unpicking!

I also added background strips at each end, shown here on the right.

Then I trimmed it square - final width 2" - and added it to the square - see the photograph at the top of the post.  Oh, and I added corner blocks too.

A fun challenge!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you blogged about yours!! I've (today) added my squares although it's not as flat as I'd hoped 😱

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.