Wednesday 15 February 2023

Third Orphan Block Project Complete

My next orphan block project is complete!

I've added to the chequerboard pieces to make a cover for a ring binder.

The blue stripy fabric was a little loose and wiggley - even with starch I couldn't really tame it - but I decided not to worry about that!

This is the front.  I embellished with a line drawing design based on one shared by  Julia Gahagan in a recent workshop.

It fitted the space really well.

This is the whole item opened out.
And the bird shown from the reverse, so you can see it more clearly.
These were the start point.  Making them into 4 x 6 blocks took them to close to A4 size, with the loss of a couple of triangles and the addition of two more coloured squares.

Another fun project to complete!
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely way to use the blocks - so glad they find a good home,!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.