Wednesday 8 February 2023

Second Orphan Block Project Complete

 

A simple project this one, based on a couple of strips of charm squares that I'd picked up from the orphan blocks table.

I think that the fabric range is from Janet Clare.

I had just the right number of squares to make a chequerboard 16-patch.

Which was easy to add a narrow border to, in the same fabric that I used to make an envelope back for it.
Difficult to see the quilting, but it was an 'oyster shell' pattern - easy to sew, nice and flowing, and relevant to the maritime theme of the fabrics.

My DD2 was utterly charmed by it, and it's nestling with the other cushions and quilts in her room.

Thank you, kind donor of the blocks! 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Wish I'd thought of that! Yes, they are Janet Clare fabrics xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.