Wednesday 7 December 2022

Tis the Season!

Another Zoom date with my Miniature Quilt Group (special interest group of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles)!

This one, led by Corinne Curtis (thank you Corrinne!).  You can see more of her work here.


She encouraged us to make a small quilt sandwich, and either 'quilt as you go' with strips (I used decorative stitches, but needed plainer fabric for them to show up better) or free motion quilt mini pictures on them.  She also told us how to partly cut the shape to insert a ribbon loop before doing all the stitching, which was a fab tip!

We all had fun!

And this was the result of a talk by Joy Harber (nee Salvage) about her amazing quilts, when she also described making log cabin blocks using a chain pieced strip method.  No foundation, just using strips 3/4" wide and working round the central square.

I loved making this, but can't imagine making the quantities that Joy does to make large quilts.  This is a coaster size and that suits me just fine!


 My final festive flourish was to make a couple of hot water bottle covers, ready for the chilliness of winter!  I think that they are going to be well used this season!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh love the decorations! And the log cabin is lovely, but I couldn't go that small🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.