Wednesday 4 August 2021

Work starts on another quilt

The quilt that I finished last week used a 'covered corners' technique to make the 'pineapple' effect.  This leaves you with lovely HST bonus squares.


It takes a little while to iron and trim them, but it's really worth while!

You get to transform this sort of pile.....
....into this sort of pile.

In their book 'Jelly Roll Quilts'  the Lintotts give a bonus quilt pattern to use them up.

As they are trimmed down to 3.5" square, I might add the 3.5" squares that I already have in my scrap drawer to see if I can do something different with them.  

It's going to be fun to see what I have and what layout I might use.  This is when I really wish I had a design wall, not a design floor!!


 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.