Tuesday 21 May 2019

Another Handling Piece

Another slow sewing week, with hand work as a companion to a cold!

This is my second sample for Gunnersbury Park Museum.  I'm not sure what has made the difference, but my clam shells aren't the same as those on the Acton Top - mine seem to be a deeper shape. I was happy to complete this - you can see at the bottom hem how my work was starting to slope - more rows would have meant even more slope, I think!  No way could I accurately make the number that are in the top itself - although they are long borders and probably no deeper than this sample, now that I think about it.

It may have issues as a recreation / modern make, but at least the technique is the same!

Sample size is 10" x 14".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.