Monday 31 December 2018

Final Aves Post - and a Happy New Year!

 So, I can't bring myself to write my final Aves post without showing the whole quilt again.

I'm sure that blocking it will reduce the wobbliness of the edges, but I'll have to wait for 63" square of little used carpet to open up for that to happen.....!
 As I thought I might, I went back and added a little more quilting to this roundel, which was a great improvement.
 I quilted meandering feathers in the border.  They improved (slightly!) as I got more used to them.
They show up best on the back, of course.  Many thanks to Kate Fielden for the backing - still working my way through textiles that she left with me before she moved to the other side of the world!
Finally, these were the threads that I used.  Variegated thread in the roundels, dark pink on the 'dark' diamond, dusk egg blue on the 'light' square, and grey and white on the back
depending on the front thread!

I loved sewing this project from start to finish!

New quilting will be happening in 2019, I know. I can hardly wait to get back to my machine.
 Best wishes to you all for a super happy, super healthy 2019.

1 comment:

  1. I love it more every time I see it! I’ve got to got to a work meeting on R&K night so I’ve asked Julie to email an apology to everyone and postpone the block raffle to February

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.