Wednesday 5 December 2018

A Fast Finish!

 Another visit to the disappearing hour glass block.  I know that I promised a tutorial once before, but I didn't manage to make one this time either, as I wanted a fast finish!  I'm sure that I'll make another one soon and will take appropriate photos at that point.

This has finished at 4' x 6', and is a coverlet (two layers, in this case patchwork and fleece) rather than a quilt.  I keep buying fleece blankets as I love the idea of them, but I'm not sure that I'm awfully successful at turning them into coverlets yet!

Made from stash, with slightly less of the lighter green print than would have been ideal to make the correct number of blocks....
 My other finish this week was a crochet one.  This is the hat that I've made...
 ....with some embellishment bits from a book that I'd picked up in The Works for very little money (called 30 Minute Crochet).
Not yet stitched together, but this is what it will look like when I attach them to the hat.  I'm pleased with this little finish too.  Nice and warm!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt top Plum. When I'm out of panto' mode, I'm heading straight to sewing some simple blocks - with no stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab quilt - and the hat looks great too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.