Tuesday 27 November 2018

Varied Sewing - Again!

 I thought that I had another few blocks to make, but it turned out that this was the final week of the Kathryn Kerr Aves Quilt Block of the Week 2018!

These easy 3 1/2" blocks.  The final pieces in the jigsaw.

Of course, the hard part was trying to make sure that I got the rest of the outside blocks in the right place and facing the right way, but....
 .......ta-daaaa!

The quilt top is finished!

I'm delighted with it.  Now I just have to decide on a backing fabric, baste it, quilt it, bind it and label it.  I'd really like to have it complete by Christmas....... but at 63" square it is quite a lot to manhandle though my sewing machine, so I'll just have to see how I go.
 I did to complete two other quilts this week, though. 

This one (using up the left over blocks and trying out a quilting idea on this 19" x 29" baby quilt).
 And this one, which was the main user of those lovely scrappy blocks!  At 50" x 66" its one of my favourite sizes to quilt - and is big enough to snuggle under if it's on a sofa.  I really hope that the recipient likes it, as I love the way that it's come together.
 I quilted with orange thread, bound the edge with orange fabric, and backed with a fabric that has plenty of orange dots in it.  Pleased that I had the right fabrics and threads in my stash for completing this.
 Having discovered how difficult the 'circles' were on the baby quilt, I opted to just have one circle quilting section on this one - in the focal square.  The rest was covered in a large meander.
These items were also made this week.  Much faster than the other big projects!  Made from some of the fabric that I was gifted by one of DD's friends last week. 
Finally, the smallest make of the week - a fabric postcard which is winging it's way over to Germany.

Isn't it brilliant what a variety of items you can make from some fabric so long as you have some time?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts--that big finish is gorgeous...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts. Lovely to see them finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - busy week and do much lovely stuff!!! Aves is stunning and I love the squares. I’m looking forward to making my fabric bowls! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.