Wednesday 11 September 2024

Missing In Action? Part 1

When I was updating my Quilt Record recently (I confess that it was a couple of years since I'd last updated it properly!) I realised that there were a couple of quilts that once they'd been finished had never made it on to the blog - so I'm going to put that right!

The first one to show you is this frame quilt.

It was the merging of two projects.  I wanted to set my own challenge to design and make a 'mini block' project to replace a simpler quilt on a living room wall, but I was also working on a frame quilt challenge for my old quilting group.

I started the frame with a simple pinwheel, that flared out into a star. Then I left a good chunk of negative space to allow room for quilting.
The next challenge row was to use seminole.  That was a fun one!
Triangles (I used flying geese) came next.  Then it was curves - a bit of a cheat for me, as I applied this gold bias binding in gentle curves.

Stars was the final prompt, and I used them as corner stones to complete my challenge piece.

After that I managed to make the batik blocks fit (with a little 'fillet' of 1/2" or so in batik to make it work properly!).

You can tell that I had fun with the quilting!
I had a blast and I'm very happy to have it up on the wall!
 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely medallion quilt--i really liked seeing the different stages and how each border added to the original center'))
    Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.