Wednesday 17 April 2024

A Big Sister Quilt

My great niece will become a big sister in July, so I asked her to look at my stash and choose some fabrics that she liked.

She has a great eye, and, luckily for me, chose four fabrics (the butterfly print, pink, purple and teal that I used for the binding) that all worked together well.

I choose a simple pattern to showcase the fabrics. This pattern, Town Square by Donna Robertson, was perfect for what I wanted.

The blocks are large - finishing at 15" - and the quilt is a perfect sized 47" x 62".
Doesn't the binding work well with these colours?
I was pleased to have plenty of this 'mad owl' fabric in my stash too - it's made a really fun backing for this quilt.  Even better, it was nice and wide, so I didn't have to piece the backing at all - what a bonus!

I'm hoping to use some of the scraps that I now have to make a couple of other bits and bobs to match the quilt.  Watch this space!

Of course, what I really need to do is to get on and make the baby quilt......!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.