Wednesday 20 December 2023

A Christmassy Make

I wanted to make a table runner, and had these four Christmas fabrics to hand.

I followed this pattern, which was really easy.

https://www.centerstreetquilts.com/christmas-tree-table-runner-tutorial/

You start with 2.5" strips (always popular!), cutting them in two types of ways, depending on whether you are making a full tree or two half trees.
Then it's an easy sew to make them into blocks, then add the blocks to each other in order to make the runner.
I really wish that I'd waited for some dark green saturated fabric for the other trees, or a different fabric for the border, as when it was laid out I realised that the 'white' trees bleed into the border, and just look like background.

Lessons! Lessons everyday!

I quilted the tree shapes with red thread, to try and give them a bit more punch, but I think that I need to add even more quilting to them (or some inktense pencil work!) in order to make a real difference!

Never mind, as it's only really going to be used under our Christmas themed ornaments for two weeks or so every year, I'm not going to stress about it too much!

Happy Christmas everyone!  Hope that you enjoy the festive season, however you spend it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.