Wednesday 23 November 2022

Cherille's Scraptastic!

Not too long ago, I'd asked another member of Richmond and Kew Quilters for an old pair of jeans, ready for cutting up for a pin cushion workshop that I'm planning to run for the group next year.

Cherille is VERY kind - and gave me not only the requested denim, but also lots of other fabrics that might be suitable, and even a book about making pincushions!  Super generous, as so many people in the quilting world seem to be.  Perhaps the art of stitching makes us all nicer people?

Anyway, after I'd cut appropriate shapes and amounts of fabric, I still had a lot left.  I decided that even though they were different styles and shapes of fabrics, it would be fun to make a scrap quilt with them.

This is it!  I added just a few small squares from my own scrap drawers in order to make the shape that I wanted.  Isn't it fun?  

I shall let Cherille decide whether she wants to keep it or gift it, and hope to pass it over to her at our next meeting.

Thanks Cherille!
 

2 comments:

  1. Your scrap quilt turned out so well; I really like the colors and different sizes of the blocks...nice work. Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely collection of fabrics - well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.