Wednesday 2 February 2022

Small things.

I've been building a stack of 'leaders and enders' nine-patch blocks.  Each is 3.5" square when unfinished like this, so will end up at 3" square within a piece.

I've just counted them, and I have 48 in total.  One more and I'll be able to make a square quilt with them!

I've decided to use some plain green fabric to float them in.  Here I am cutting all the setting triangles - they are a generous 5" square, then cut in half.

Making them from yardage rather than scraps makes it a quick job!

The actual sewing will take longer and will probably slotted around other projects.  Excellent mindless sewing!

I've also been experimenting with a template for masks that are shaped, rather than my usual design which is based on a rectangle.

These are for DD2. DD1 is happy to stick with the rectangular ones.

Always plenty of projects to be getting on with - I've also made (but not photographed) a heap of mini Christmas trees, ready for a workshop in November.  Nothing like being prepared!
 

2 comments:

  1. Your pretty 9-patches are mounting up fast!! They will make a lovely quilt..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rubbish at remembering to do enders and leaders - well done for these! I think we might be doing the Christmas sessions in October rather than November but it looks as if you're ready whenever it happens😂. The masks look good, nice shape

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.