Wednesday 16 February 2022

Nine Patch Fun!

A surprisingly fast finish on this!
My usual Bernina sewing machine had to go in for a service (she was a bit grumpy about missing her service last year!), so I was going to be using my second machine - which is lovely to have, but much noisier and full of vibration than my lovely Bernina, and without great things like the 'needle down' button!

I wanted to carry on sewing, but with a project that wasn't too demanding of accuracy, whilst I got used to the machine again.

So, lots of chain piecing, as you can see.  Lots of short sashing pieces here, swiftly followed by the longer  sashing pieces.


Then it was time for borders, backing and basting.
Back to the machine for quilting,  and I'm pleased to say that the Bernina was home in time for putting on the binding.


I'm not sure that the backing is entirely right for the tones in the front of the quilt, but it had the absolute qualities of there being enough of it (thank you Benta!) and it being right beside me in my craft room!

So, 'Up the Garden Path' is finished.  At 58" square its a decent size to keep on the sofa for warming feet or more when the weather isn't quite as warm as you want it to be coming in to spring!

I hope to gift it to an old friend in the not too distant future.
 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.